The way we see it, there are adventures, and then there are Adventures. The kind where you trek deep into the Congo jungle in search of gorillas or meet warrior tribes in far east India. Stuff you don’t find in your typical travel brochure. For us, adventures like this are at the heart of what it means to be Intrepid: something original, unexpected, and as far from ‘the usual’ as you’re going to get.
For a limited time, lock in your spot on a 2018 adventure with just €1!
• From the 16th January – 16th February 2018, only £1/€1/CHF1/R25 deposit will be required to secure your Intrepid Travel trip.
• The deposit can be used towards any Intrepid small group adventure or short breaks with the below exclusions: Polar trips – includes all itineraries in the Arctic and Antarctic; Private groups; Trips operated by Dragoman; Eat your way around the world trip; Gorilla treks – pre purchased permits are required to secure the trek to see the Gorillas. Excluded trips are: YXOG, YXOCC, YXOIC, YXOEC, YXOGC, YXOFC, UXODC, YGAG, YGAR; Inca Trail trips - pre purchased permits are required to secure the trek. Excluded trips are: GGKY, GGBL, GGSQ, GGTA, GGHC-O, GGKP, GGKY, GGTBC, GGSEC, GGSO, GGSUC, GGRQC, GGRWC, GGRNC, GGRPC, GGRTC; Peru trips operated by local partner Dragoman will be booked onto alternate Quechua trek. If passenger chooses to book the Inca Trail instead, full deposit of £200 or €275 will need to be collected.
• The offer applies to bookings made between 16th January – 16th February 2018 for travel anytime before 14 December 2018. The discount applies to the land tour price only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and are not combinable.
• Discount does not apply to local payments/kitty, permits, additional travel arrangements, international and local airfares. If booking within 56 days of departure, full payment is due immediately. All tours are subject to availability. Prices are per person based on twin share accommodation, low season and include the discount. Prices, itineraries and inclusions are subject to change without notice. Standard booking conditions apply as per Intrepid website www.intrepidtravel.com.
• The offer can be applied to new bookings only. Under no circumstances will offer be applied to existing bookings or used in conjunction with another offer or discount.
• If the traveller wishes to change dates or tours, they will be required to pay the full £200 or €275 deposit towards the new trip. This is applicable even inside promotional period.
• If the traveller wishes to cancel and rebook, they will be required to pay the full deposit amount. This is applicable even inside the promotional period.
Eking out a living on the edge of the Siberian wilderness, Nenet reindeer herders lead a rustic existence far from modern Russia. For the first time, this nomadic tribe is inviting travellers into their home to experience their way of life. Travel from St Petersburg to Salekhard and be hosted in traditional yurt huts, sweat it out in a Russian banya and try your hand fishing on the banks of Horomdo Lake.
Curling south towards Antarctica, Patagonia is one of the few remaining tracts of unspoiled wildlife on Earth. Discover sprawling glaciers, mountains and wild pastures on a special expedition through Argentina and Chile, including visits to Tronador Volcano and Todos los Santos Lake. While you’ll spend days trekking through incredible landscapes, you’ll also camp on the homestead of a 200-year-old house and soothe your feet in natural thermal pools found deep in the Patagonian forest.
Italy, France and Greece might hog the gastronomic spotlight in Europe, but look a little further afield and you’ll find Armenia and Georgia can more than hold their own. Journey from Yerevan to Tbilisi and discover the centuries-old recipes that continue to thrive in this corner of Eastern Europe, with the opportunity to get hands on making Georgian dumplings and khachapuri (cheese-filled bread). With included visits to brandy distilleries, wineries and meals in family homes, this is an expedition crafted for adventurous foodies.
Everyone knows about the colourful chaos of Mumbai and New Delhi, but few visit the outer reaches of India’s wetlands and mountains. Climb aboard a steam-powered train for a captivating ride through the Himalayas, stopping to track one-horned rhinos through Kaziranga National Park, meet warrior tribes in Nagaland, and pay homage to Tibetan Buddhists in cliff-side villages. Beginning and ending in Kolkata, this is a unique opportunity to explore West Bengal.
Djibouti is a tiny country with extremely interesting, harsh but breathtakingly beautiful desert and volcanic landscape which makes for great travelling but it is worth being very fit and ready for adventure. The people are delightful and very welcoming.
If your thinking about Djibouti - think no more - just go - it is a country full of diversity from its unusual landscapes, rich culture and total uniqueness and if you are fortunate enough to see the whale sharks you will think you are the luckiest person alive!!
This year I had my first adventure holiday, picking the unlikely location of Djibouti for my maiden voyage. I was astounded by the diverse culture, landscapes and people in this tiny country. I was in awe of the welcoming and knowledgeable tour team. And I loved the challenge of true adventure travel.
Review submitted 08 Dec 2017
Our trips score an average of 4.88 out of 5
based on 40 reviews in the last year.